Saturday, December 22, 2012

Frosty the Snowman Cups




 


This Christmas has been a busy one. After the passing of my husband's grandfather, thanks to some helpful people at Frontier Airlines and our wonderfully supportive and understanding employers, my husband and I were able to combine our scheduled vacation with our bereavement for our trip. We have been gone a week so far and have another 5 days before we go home. I think this is the longest trip I can remember being on ever. I am grateful we were able to be out here in Kansas with my in-laws before the rest of the family got here so we could help get things ready. So much to do and so little time! Along with Christmas festivities, we are celebrating the family birthdays we have in December and January so we have 4 parties to plan...

I also got to introduce my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law to the wonders of Pinterest. Our family has always enjoyed crafts anyway, but with Pinterest we have even more ideas and projects to choose from. When my sister-in-law with her hubby and 4 kids arrived early for a surprise, we decided to have everyone make their own snowman cup to use for hot cocoa (instead of going through a million cups all weekend). The idea came from Becca's post on Blue Cricket Designs which you can find here:
                                         



The Inspiration

We decided to make it as simple and easy to clean up as possible. We took turns using one paint brush to dab pink paint on with for the snowman's cheeks and q-tips for the black paint to use for the eyes and mouth. For the kids we also gave the option of gluing on googly eyes instead of painting the eyes on. We cut out carrot noses out of felt and glued them on. I was in the middle of making a snowflake wreath (more to come on that project later) so I hot glued mine on. The family let their creativity run wild so we also used jingle bell noses and my niece turned hers into a Rudolph cup instead of a snowman. :) Super simple, fun, and festive project that I highly recommend to keep little and big hands alike busy. I have included some of my favorite shots below- please excuse the lighting in the first shot- I didn't realize the white balance was set incorrectly and am not home yet with my Photoshop to fix it... Still fun though :D




This one is mine :)
The Rudolph Cup

No comments:

Post a Comment